I’ve had a quick game of Endgame: Syria, a game that came to my attention after being rejected by Apple for the app store because it dares to include decisions about a real world conflict. There are no such restrictions on the PC, obviously. Apple are queasy about any game that “solely target a specific race, culture, a real government or corporation, or any other real entity”, which is basically the remit of developers Auroch Digital. They’ve been making news-based games over at GameTheNews for a few months now, rapidly prototyping games that deal with world events. In this case, Endgame: Syria is about the unfolding horror in Syria.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Auroch Digital’
By Craig Pearson on January 8th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- Panda Powered : “Mirrors Edge 2 for 360 just popped up on Amazon Germany so damn you to hell Microsoft if you announce it as an exclusive!” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- Liudeius : “Great job they are doing at that. Didn't they even support SOPA initially until everyone else started pointing out that SOPA was awful? (I may ...” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- Widthwood : “True, but from PC gamers point of view PS4+X1 exclusive is just as bad as X1 exclusive. And we will definitely start seeing more of ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- sonofsanta : “"Let's make our new console x86 based, so developers find it easier to code for." "That's a damn fine idea there Jimmy. I like your ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- Liudeius : “"Hitler was a great guy" - Vesuvius So long as we are misquoting each other, I figured I would contribute. I didn't say YOU shouldn't ...” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled