NetDevil have had an interesting journey. They’re a privately owned, Colorado-based company that started out by making a niche space-combat MMO, Jumpgate, in 2001. They then went on to create the disastrous post-apocalyptic vehicle combat MMO Auto Assault in 2006 – a game so unpopular that it was switched off just over a year after release by owners NCSoft. Now NetDevil are back on track and working on two projects: a remake of their original MMO, JumpGate Evolution, and the LEGO Universe MMO. Both are looking extremely promising, but in this interview with executive producer Hermann Peterscheck we focus on lessons learned from the failure of Auto Assault, and what we can expect from this second attempt at Jumpgate.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘auto assault’
By Jim Rossignol on April 9th, 2008.
Respond to our gibber
- oxguy3 : “Yep, members of the press have access to all of the games on this list at all times: Press Master on SteamDB” on Unlocked: Loadout Early Access On Steam
- Liudeius : “I meant to say when I right click back (and see a list of 10 RPS pages). So I guess it's reading the front page ...” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- JackShandy : “The indie community is anyone who has: -A computer -An internet connection -Enough leisure time to use those things to play games -Enough dedication that ...” on The Sunday Papers
- The Random One : “Pretty great selection this week, as usual. I must be really rusty because I couldn't figure out what Notes' REAL AND TRUE goal should be.” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- FriendlyFire : “Ah, that kind. That kind of criticism has always been there and is largely made by idiots who aren't even worth listening to. It's not ...” on The Sunday Papers