The best thing about Microsoft launching a new version of Windows is watching how they’ll awkwardly advertise it. The Windows 7 party videos might just be the most cringe-worthy thing they’ve ever done, and that’s saying something. So I’m a little disappointed with the launch of the free Windows 8 Consumer Preview. The video on the site is a rather awful, embarrassing attempt to ride the Wub Wub wave by layering dubstep over operating system videos. Incongruous, yes, but I doubt I’ll be linking to it when Windows 9 comes out. It’s just unmemorably awful.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘bad adverts’
By Craig Pearson on March 1st, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Prolar Bear : “Yup. I understand though, science can be Bohring. RPS: Pun Threads for Cultured Gentlemen since 1873” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Droopy The Dog : “I think there was a pun there, even though it didn't resonate with you.” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Trashcanman : “Two pages and noone mentioned the awesome Chatterer Mod? Have lots of backwinded and speeded up radio chatter from what I believe to be real ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- MadMatty : “well it does look a lot like Minecraft the 2nd part.” on 7 Days To Die Looks Virally Impressive
- EPICTHEFAIL : “HERETIC! You missed a pun thread!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real