Generally, it’s pretty cringe-inducing to watch publishers get ahead of themselves. “Annual sequels, comic book tie-ins, and a movie deal that will pass across the desk of at least one noteworthy director before getting indefinitely shelved,” they excitedly proclaim. Then things inevitably don’t go as planned, and everyone has a good, long sob. I want to believe Beamdog when it says Baldur’s Gate 3 is more than just a Kickstarter-fueled delusion of grandeur, though. And what’s this about Icewind Dale? I mean, what’s even left to be looted from Black Isle’s naked corpse? Planescape? Lionheart? OK, maybe we can just not take Lionheart.
Posts Tagged ‘baldur’s Gate III’
By Nathan Grayson on April 13th, 2012.
By Adam Smith on March 20th, 2012.
Oh boy. Here’s my theory – throughout the year there will be numerous Kickstarter projects that people become excited about, pledge money to and then look forward to. Fatigue will set in due to the number of awesome concepts being put forward by wonderful people, but it isn’t fatigue alone that will end this fascination. My belief is that one day the perfect Platonic ideal of the Kickstarter project will appear, a game desired so long and so hard by so many that all money will be absorbed by it. In an interview with Gamespy, Beamdog say that the upcoming enhanced Baldur’s Gate games may open up the possibility for their “long-term goal”. Baldur’s Gate III.
Respond to our gibber
- Shooop : “That's really not the right part of survival horror to miss, the tank controls. I miss the multi-layered stories and mind-bending worlds they made.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- eclipse mattaru : “I see. I suppose that the RPS policy, being the highbrow British website for privileged intellects it is, is to leave half the information out ...” on Wot I Think: Metro: Last Light
- eclipse mattaru : “Reply fail.” on Wot I Think: Metro: Last Light
- IndigoHawk : “That's actually a merchant. Most of the armor in the game for players is fairly conservative and all looks the same really. Expensive fashion items ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- Upper Class Twit : “So, uh, has anyone seen Traffic? How was that? Genuinely curious if that "Oscar Award winning author" is anything to be excited about. Also, if ...” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery