If you’d asked me three days ago, “how many bars in America do you think screen live games of Starcraft II?”, I would have said “none of them”. Then the Wall Street Journal ran a story about Starcraft II matches being shown in sports bars “across the country”. That makes it sound bigger than it is, like some sort of craze sweeping the nation. In reality, as the article later makes clear, there are “more than a dozen” bars screening live games. More than a dozen probably means thirteen but it’s still a lot more than “none of them”. I don’t think this sort of thing happens on these British Isles yet but it did make me think about the different ways we enjoy this grand old hobby.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘barcraft’
By Adam Smith on August 26th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- JKjoker : “hold on to your straw man, i cant produce an example, most items in eulas are ambiguous as hell you need someone who really knows ...” on Watching, Waiting: New Kinect Eventually Coming To PC
- Beelzebud : “I agree with this sentiment. In fact, Alan Wake is the only game in memory where I used a trainer to just godmode through most ...” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- Vandelay : “I personally enjoyed the sequel much more than the first. The gameplay has held up far better, with the addition of a few bits that ...” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- Vorphalack : “I suspect that the future will still have a market for electronic products that do not contain cameras. Besides, regardless of what Microsoft say they ...” on Watching, Waiting: New Kinect Eventually Coming To PC
- Chaz : “But lots of people already have webcams that do much the same, except without all the fancy body tracking malarkey, so a bit late to ...” on Watching, Waiting: New Kinect Eventually Coming To PC