Battlefield 3′s next DLC (and possibly final DLC? It’s at least the last announced one I am aware of – Oh, no, there’s also End Game, which has motorcycles, apparently) will arrive just in time for Christmas. The new maps, set in an earthquake-ruined middle-eastern city, look pretty fancy, and they provide a playground for new weapons and a host of modified vehicles. All this underwrites a new game mode. DICE explain that Aftermath “sees the debut of Scavenger mode – an objective based conquest where players must brave the environment armed with only one sidearm, as they try to find more powerful weapons in an attempt to survive with their squad.”
Posts Tagged ‘Battlefield 3: Aftermath’
By Jim Rossignol on November 28th, 2012.
By Nathan Grayson on November 6th, 2012.
Well, this is a bit unexpected. Not the fact that more Battlefield 3 maps are on the way. Those will apparently be hewn from the Earth and flung at the microtransaction-loving masses until the end of time. But this new look at BF3: Aftermath’s earthquake-pancaked Epicenter map is oddly serene. Usually, these things are all about the shooty shooty bang bang and Inception BRRRRRRRRRZTs, but this one? It’s different. Maybe one day, this one will go out into the world and make something of itself.
By Jim Rossignol on October 18th, 2012.
But December 4th for premium subscribers! Yeah, those who pay will get to play just that little bit earlier. But what will they be playing with? Well, the Aftermath DLC contains four new maps, each of which is situated in earthquake-devastated Iran. There’s also a new game mode, which sounds awesome. It’s called Scavenger, and sees players start with just a knife and pistol. They have to go out into the map and search for better weapons to survive. I have to admit I’ve not been back to Battlefield 3 for several months, but the same was true of Bad Company 2, and I still went back and put hundreds of hours into that. Perhaps after Christmas…
The trailer, inevitably, lies below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- The Random One : “Pretty great selection this week, as usual. I must be really rusty because I couldn't figure out what Notes' REAL AND TRUE goal should be.” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- FriendlyFire : “Ah, that kind. That kind of criticism has always been there and is largely made by idiots who aren't even worth listening to. It's not ...” on The Sunday Papers
- ernierock : “My friend really pushed me into trying LoL with him (but I just don't really like MOBAs) and it was the worst gaming experience I ...” on The Sunday Papers
- JackShandy : “Activision lies in ruins after indie games KILLERS CREED, CALL OF SPIRIT and TONY EAGLE sweep their audience out from under them.” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- Don Reba : “They are both SciFi Westerns, except this time around we are following the sheriff. Both shows have a cowboy, a stunted girl with superpowers, a ...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs