A demo for the recently-released naval combat game from Akella and Battlefront, PT Boats, turned up while we were off-air. You can grab it here for a price of 838mb. Battlefront report that: “The demo includes 3 airplanes, 16 naval units, 3 tutorial missions, as well as a demo campaign playable from both the Allied and the Axis points of view.” So that sounds interesting. Recentish game footage posted below.
Posts Tagged ‘battlefront’
By Jim Rossignol on January 4th, 2010.
By Tim Stone on November 8th, 2009.
Not a good week for Combat Mission creators Battlefront. After waiting donkey’s years for Jean-Michel Mathé to finish his ground-breaking Napoleonic ‘First-Person Commander’ wargame HistWar: Les Grognards, the scamp has jumped ship at the eleventh hour and decided to self-publish. Battlefront are sticking doggedly to a ‘we cancelled because of repeated delays’ line, but the simmering annoyance radiating from their statements suggests subtler shenanigans. Read the rest of this entry »
By Kieron Gillen on September 21st, 2009.
Are you excited about the forthcoming turn-based wargame from Battlefront? Here’s a chance to continue to be excited (and/or be crushingly disappointed). Are you not aware of it? Here’s a chance to have your expectations created. Are you still reading this paragraph? Well done. The beta demo of Empire of Steel can be downloaded from here. As the name says, it’s beta, so expect issues, but it includes two full maps to play, with no restrictions, and a chance to nose at all the other features. To get a feel for the game, there’s a game footage video below…
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Anthile : “Plenty of AAA titles get to their high sales numbers through hype. That doesn't mean that those titles are bad but no game can ever ...” on Gunpoint’s Creator Is Now Fabulously Wealthy, Still Nice
- Oozo : “With every article I read, this blog post about the self-delusion the AAA-industry lives in seems more accurate: http://lineholli~ "Mark Rubin thinks “diversity” means “games ...” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Chris D : “After years of development my prototype subtext-analyser is ready for testing. Let's fire this fthing up and see what happens. RPS: Why did you decide ...” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- LordMidas : “Shit, I should patent this now!! Right 2 Die” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- LordMidas : “Epic namezorz!! How about Left Four Dead?” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush