By striking wallet-scouring operational wargame Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge repeatedly with sledgehammers, Matrix Games have managed to chip off a small scenario-sized piece. Eight tutorial vids make up the lion’s share of the 525MB fragment. If you’re new to the unique Airborne Assault/Command Ops approach, you’ll definitely want to watch these before attempting to dislodge the regiment of doughty Volksgrenadiers defending St Vith. Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Battles From The Bulge’
By Tim Stone on May 27th, 2010.
A wargame dev can disappoint his customers in thousands of ingenious ways. Getting the armour thickness wrong on a Panther glacis plate usually works, as does neglecting to model Russian anti-tank dogs, Polish cavalry, and Bren gun tripods. Strangely, one of the least used methods is steep pricing. Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge a game I talked about excitedly earlier in the year has just vaulted out of its halftrack and sadly, the initial hubbub seems to be more about the price than the promising AI advances.
Respond to our gibber
- Harlander : “It could be considered a personality flaw, but describing something as "Mount and Blade with x" is the surest way to get my interest in ...” on Masters Of A Pirate World: Caribbean!
- Slurpy : “My first MMO was Final Fantasy XI, and I honestly thought it was the worst game I had ever played. Then I played WoW, and ...” on Neverwinter Diary: Tales From The Sword Coast Part 3
- gschmidl : “Yes, it's still the same, including a lack of punctuation on all dialogue. It's just sloppy and lazy all over. On the other hand, being ...” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- roselynne : “This is more great than one I know in some game sites.. I hope izombiegames.com will have the same ideas.” on Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery Headed For PC
- Moraven : “Taking all the cards equal or better than what is expected in the Xbone and PS4. 20.19% is the total % from all the cards ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version