When a man with a beard talks about games, you listen. This has always been the RPS way. Jared Gerritzen, Creative Studio Head of Zombie Studios (I hope that job title is reflective of his mighty chin rug and nothing else) bearded his beard onto G4 last night to talk about the Blacklight developer’s new ‘casualcore’ game ‘Special Forces Team X’ (the ‘X’ is for ‘Xdfaljksdfkhalsdfh’). Their beardspertise in first-person sci-fi blasting is being redirected into a third-person, cartoonish shooter, where the players customise the map. Enough about the game, Jared: do you condition that fibrous follicle forest?
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘beards’
By Craig Pearson on August 16th, 2012.
By Alec Meer on June 6th, 2012.
There’s a very good chance this will prove to be entirely irrelevant in time, given this is a blog about
Spectrum Amiga board foot-to-ball PC gaming, but I post it as an honest point of curiosity as well as due to the potential that a Square-Enix internal studio might use it for something like a Deus Ex or Hitman or Thief or Sleeping Dogs or something further down the line. Real-time tech demo Agni’s Philosophy is intended to demonstrate Squeenix’s next-generation engine, which will most likely be used for a hiss, spit Final Fantasy game for whatever the next round of consoleboxes turns out to be. It’s impressive stuff for sure, even if it’s transparently impossible that a properly interactive game with hours of content cannot possibly look anywhere near as strong and detailed as this regardless of what graphicsability future-consoles and PCs might have. The idea that we might get anywhere near it is enticing though, most especially because the hair rendering could mean some incredibly convincing beards. Beards are what PC gaming is all about, after all.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Alec Meer on March 23rd, 2009.
Rockstar drops the first hint about the next installment of the grandaddy of slo-mo man-shoots:
Do you like beards? What about scars? Blood? A possible hint of a shaven head? Oh, we could talk about this for hours.
No, that’s it.
Respond to our gibber
- Elevory : “I'm actually quite fond of the sprinting/melee mechanism. For whatever reason, it comes across as intuitive to my mind. What bothers me, however, are the ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- PikaBot : “And without Valve providing the platform and audience for them, the time they spent on it would net them exactly zero dollars. Thirty percent is ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- TwwIX : “The show is decent but the game is pretty fucking lackluster and lacks any cohesive structure or meaningful content. It's hardly an MMO. It's a ...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs
- David Bliff : “What don't you like? It's not the easiest thing to learn but I think the game is incredibly compelling.” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- David Bliff : “Confirmed: Reus is amazing. It's definitely deeper and a little less approachable than other recent god games like From Dust. But it really is more ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play