I think I’ve found serenity: Minecraft creator Notch is slowly thumbing through the Big Book Of Awesome Space Things while he comes up with his next game. He told the handsome devils over at PC Gamer that he’s pondering a sandbox style Elite game, “except done right”. To clarify, he’s not saying Elite is rubbish and broken, but that no-one’s ever done it as well since. Something I’d agree with, although these guys are working on that. While he’s pondering if this is a game he wants to be the Next Thing after the monolithic Minecraft, he’s pointed out his other influence is the magnificent Firefly. How would this work?
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘beyond minecraft’
By Craig Pearson on March 23rd, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- CrispinFister : “You know, it's almost as if people are deliberately taking advantage of the fact that 99% of humanity is stuck inside a massive nostalgia-circle~ or ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- Zenicetus : “"The combat was almost identical the entire way through" I think that's what made me quit somewhere in the middle, after one of those big ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- kalirion : “http://groupees.~ $1 to get: Patrician IV Steam Special Edition + Rise of a Dynasty DLC (Steam) Slam Bolt Scrappers (Steam) Fairy Boom Freesia (Steam, Desura, ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- DataVortex : “You can now purchase Word Realms for $11 at http://www.wordr~” on I Put A Spell On You: Word Realms Trailer
- Hmm-Hmm. : “The thought of a company merely suggesting making a device which.. well.. monitors people who have purchased it creeps me out. I hope it tanks. ...” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year