“Big Men Announce Guts” was not a headline I’d anticipated writing today, but there it is. Big Men Games have announced via Blues that they are working on a turn-based action-strategy called Guts. It’s at a super-early stage, but there’s already a playable alpha (requires Unity plugin) and it’s looking pretty promising. They’re calling it “a smashup between Tactics and Rogue-likes”. As you can see from the trailer below, it’s got a sort of turn-based dungeon-crawler thing going on, and the core battle maps are linked together by a big map, which you can get a glimpse of in that alpha demo. They also have a Kickstarter page, which is gestating over here.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Big Men Games’
By Jim Rossignol on September 5th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- ColdSpiral : “I'm pretty sure your tinfoil hat is on a bit tight. You've made the same complaint in all two of the articles Jim has posted ...” on Making It With Science: A TUG Interview
- ShinRyuuken : “It's Turtling the MOBA.” on EA’s Dawngate MOBA Detailed, Beta This Friday
- TwwIX : “This seems like a fun, lighthearted spin off the original two Call of Juarez games that i also enjoyed. I like that Ubisoft is pursuing ...” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- BigKid66 : “Was trying to start a pun thread (magnetism)...an~ failed miserably” on Coil Up With A Good Game: Teslagrad Footage
- ShinRyuuken : “I might back this, but I'm not sure. I want them to get it off the ground. So what if it's another arena shooter? Gives ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Enters The Kickstarter Arena