In the time that I have been writing this column, the earth has now successfully orbited around the sun exactly twice. Yes, the bargain bucket is two years old, or at least it will be on Monday. How much have you managed to spend in the last 24 months? What’s your best deal yet? Has your approach to spending money on games changed? And most importantly of all, have you visited SavyGamer.co.uk yet? Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘birthday day’
By Lewie Procter on March 12th, 2011.
By John Walker on August 20th, 2009.
Can it only be two years? Rock, Paper, Shotgun feels like such a fixture of the internet it’s hard to imagine a time before we existed. Don’t try – it’s bleak, dank and induces vomiting. This very day, two years ago, Rock, Paper, Shotgun began existing on the internet. (Okay Mr and Mrs Super-Fussy, it’s true there are posts from July 07, but that was us mucking about and the site launched in August, so you’re a wrongface.)
As we enter our terrible twos, it seems important to look back at what got us here over the past year. (To see what got us through the first, head here.) We’ve been a mixture of exclusive previews and reviews, unique interviews, exquisite Wot I Thinks, Verdicts and Impressions, and the sorts of features and wordythinks that make us unlike any other site. What we’re saying is, we’re bloody awesome. And so are you. We love you, and we love that you read our site.
By RPS on August 20th, 2008.
We’re twelve months old. Of course you’ll find some “July 2007″ in the archives, but that was us just messing about. Our official, royal birthday is the 20th of August. That means the Rock, Paper, Shotgun project is a year old today.
The reason it has lived this long is because we have readers. We seem to have readers because we have words. We’ve compiled the exhaustive list of the best words from Year One beyond the jump. But before you go there, we want to ask for our birthday present. We want you to read that list and find a link that you can send to a gaming chum who does not read RPS. Share the links, spread the words of RPS, and all shall be merry. Thanks, you. Here’s to another year.
Respond to our gibber
- nearly : “I have almost zero interest in board games, and would have had much less interest in them if not for this column and "Venice, Gone" ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- Lord Custard Smingleigh : “I call my pocket Carcassonne my "dice knuckles".” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- Consumatopia : “Actually, the "Plan and Go has more options" argument is even stupider than I first realized. Since the game gives you the option of pausing ...” on Guns For Hire: Jagged Alliance – Flashback
- Lord Custard Smingleigh : “Mine are tinted yellow. The colour of urine. It helps me to maintain my crotchety attitude.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Wedge : “I was quite addicted to the original release, even trying to compete for high scores on the leaderboards, and I still consider it a high ...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates