For some reason I’d been ignoring Disney and Black Rock’s racing game announcement, Split/Second. Turns out the idea is quite clever: “Competitors in Split/Second don’t just collide with other vehicles to knock them from the track – they can also trigger explosive events that drastically alter the dynamics of the race. Players must use strategy and pinpoint timing to derail opponents, tactically alter the track or create entirely new routes.” This concept is illustrated spectacularly in the trailer, which sits beyond the click. It’s also oddly familiar, as if I’ve seen the idea somewhere before, but I can’t pinpoint it. Anyway, the game is due some time in 2010, and the official website which Disney announced doesn’t seem to live yet, but there is some additional fluff here.
Posts Tagged ‘black rock studio’
By Jim Rossignol on March 12th, 2009.
By John Walker on October 1st, 2008.
Brighton is obviously the hotbed of offroad quad biking. From where else would you expect to find such a game? Disney’s Black Rock Studio are based there, and creating the cross-platform Pure. (And not P.U.R.E.) And now there’s a demo. An enormous 1.9Gb one. And for all that downloading, you get a tutorial, and three laps on the Italian Mount Garda track. On your way. Thanks to WorthPlaying.
Respond to our gibber
- Captchist : “Dire Maul Arena. One of my first guild memories was of 5 of us of all different levels trying to take down one of the ...” on A Pair Of Wild(star) Videos Appear
- killias2 : “The guys from Matrix/Slitherin~ just spent a few weeks making the round screaming that they didn't want me and people like me as customers. They ...” on Phwoarhammer: Warhammer 40K: Armageddon
- HisMastersVoice : “What was the last xbawks exclusive that was any good? Halo? GoW? I survived without those, I'll survive without whatever MS buys this time.” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- Koozer : “"...like our very much improved and reimagined Solitaire..." Wait, really? Suddenly the chess 2.0 article doesn't seem so silly.” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- Astartes : “Mr Grayson, as this site has always adhered to the culture and ideals of the British society; I find your use of the term "cell" ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives