The surprise futuristic entry in the Anno citybuilding series – Anno 2070 – has got a new video, showing off 3 minutes of mostly game footage. I hope you don’t think I’m crazy when I say I’m picking up a vague (very vague) Alpha Centauri vibe from this trailer. Sure, there’s no mind worms or nerve-staples on display, but it’s still pushing some of the same buttons. Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Blue Byte’
By Lewie Procter on September 16th, 2011.
By Jim Rossignol on August 22nd, 2011.
We were pretty gosh-darned excited when we learned that excellent trade and building series Anno was going to continue its exploits in the near future, but the glimpses of futuristic island cities were only half of it: the full game of Anno 2070 will contain underwater colonies, too. This game is all about painting a portrait of a (frankly fairly likely) near-future of scarce resources and adaptable strategies towards surviving in a changed world. You’ll be asked to choose between “industrial power” and “renewable energy” routes, and deal with the trade-offs that each of them are forced to make.
No precise release date for this as yet, as Ubisoft are still quoting “Winter”. I’m hoping to find out a bit more soon, as it’s the Ubisoft game I’m most interested in right now.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- golem09 : “Jup, it does. Worst thing of all is, it tells me that I have to log in if I want online features. But then it ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- The Sombrero Kid : “it's a bit disrespectful imo. we were going to release it on PC when we had no where to go, as soon as we had ...” on Hello Games Announces Joe Danger For PC
- 12inchPlasticToy : “"X-bone"... what a great day!” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year
- fish99 : “I've used simply games (and their digital only version simply cdkeys) a few times and never had a problem, but ..... you only really find ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- pertusaria : “Bought the beta and played through the first generation and transition so far. I'm really enjoying it, and I did get attached to at least ...” on 7 Grand Steps Takes One Giant Leap Toward Release