The past couple of weeks I’ve been playing a preview version of the delightful turn-based strategy, Skulls Of The Shogun. It’s a game about skull-eating Samurai in the after-life, and it’s a tactical pleasure. I decided it might be a good idea to talk to Haunted Temple’s Borut Pfeifer about the game, and you can read the chat we had, below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Borut Pfeifer’
By Jim Rossignol on February 9th, 2011.
By John Walker on February 16th, 2008.
Level designer and blogger Steve Gaynor has made a superbly inflammatory statement on his site, Fullbright, that “videogames will never become a significant form of cultural discourse“. He goes on to say, “I’ll bet you that fifty years from now they’ll be just as mature and well-respected as comic books are today.” (Those chomping at the bit at this remark will be relieved to learn it’s addressed below).
There has been an interesting reaction from other gaming writers. Newsweek’s excellent games reporter, N’Gai Croal, has been inspired to write a series of essays, reflecting on Gaynor’s post, and that of another response by The Plush Apocalypse’s Borut Pfeifer.
Respond to our gibber
- ZIGS : “Not that we know of” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- Cinek : “Well, I don't know a single console gamer who haven't swapped discs or cartridges with their friends either.” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- Cinek : “Well, time to upgrade your 5 years old PC. If you got any modern-day PC than it runs buttery-smooth.” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- kstdfewawgd : “Because the story of a dying old man lamenting the loss of his autistic wife is the pinnacle of subtlety. http://www.gdcva~” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- Cinek : “They can't just use mods and sell the game with them pre-installed. It's illegal.” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold