The all-powerful, all-loving, all-mighty Tigsource pointed this English Translation out, thinking it a good place for someone to try out the whole Visual Novel thing. I agree, if only it’s worth playing one to have a handle on what one actually is. Visual Novels are… well, imagine a choose your own adventure, with not much choosing or adventuring, but piling on some melodrama and gawky-anime-fanboy humour. Or porn, if you’re going to go the Leigh Alexander route. Brass Restoration tells the story of a skilled percusionist who loses his arm, and then pretty much gives up. Presumably, he pulls his ass together, but in the 10 minutes I played, I spent most of my time wishing one of the other characters would inform him THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM and then everyone could go home happy. Anyway, you can get it from here and there’s 10 minutes of footage beneath the cut.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Brass Restoration’
By Kieron Gillen on March 25th, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- Monkey : “Bored Yawn 10 - The Borringing” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Kaira- : “They're dead and gone, I'm afraid. And that's the true crime in gaming. :(” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Liquidoodle : “Don't you mean WOOFACE ;) Collar Duty : Modern Woofare... a new breed of soldier.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Skofnung : “The ones everyone was complaining about before Modern Warfare?” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- GSGregory : “Wish I could get my money back for this. People like it and thats fine. Many things missing from 1 to 2 make me question ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2