Beneath the cut is the launch trailer for Brothers In Arms: Hell’s Highway, which shows some of the game’s Unreal 3.0 prettiness, although of course none of the solid level design and splendid tactical puzzle-solving that actually makes it so satisfying to play. I can say that with a level of certainty because I’ve had lots of time to play the preview version of the game, and I suspect it’s a better campaign that anything else so far. One thing that’s probably worth mentioning at this stage is that it doesn’t have co-op, as was reported earlier in the year. A little disappointing, perhaps, especially when the co-op skirmishes in Earned In Blood were so solid. The game is out on PC in North America on the 30th of September, and in Europe on the 3rd of October.
Posts Tagged ‘brothers in arms hell’s highway’
By Jim Rossignol on September 23rd, 2008.
By Jim Rossignol on September 9th, 2008.
This latest trailer for Hell’s Highway is long and detailed, with loads of commentary and explanation from the development team. It covers the change in tactical balance to make the player-commanded squads more powerful, the destructible scenery, the gore, and the tweaks in detail that make the game more realistic. I’ve been lucky enough to play an early version of this, and I’m enormously excited. Not only because it’s clearly going to be a splendid game (and like the best BIA so far) but also because it proves just what a mature, competent studio Gearbox are now. It bodes very well indeed for their other title, Borderlands. Anyway, you’ll want to watch this trailer, after the jump.
By Jim Rossignol on August 15th, 2008.
There’s nothing more fun than helping a friend shoot some Nazis, and I happen to know that to be factually true. Lucky for all of us, then, that Brothers In Arms: Hell’s Highway features nothing but the teamwork required to gun down the 1940s’ naughtiest nationalists. The following trailer shows off some of the action from later stages of the game. If you happen to be a reader of PC Gamer UK you can read my thoughts about the Gearbox game in the forthcoming issue. (The Spore review cover, which is spilling over with general excellence.) Anyway, trailer:
Read the rest of this entry »
By Jim Rossignol on August 6th, 2008.
Gearbox bossman Randy Pitchford says: “One of the things about videogames and story-telling is, well frankly I think the entire industry in the Stone Age.” The evidence from this trailer suggests that Gearbox are pushing for more of a Bronze Age with their new game, Brothers In Arms: Hell’s Highway, which is yet another game this year that I’m actually really keen on playing. Not sure if I really give a damn about the story though, and the idea that Gearbox have based its soldiers on the lives of real soldiers who fought in Market Garden, well that makes me feel a little uncomforable. I’m not even sure why. Interview-heavy trailer after the jump.
By Jim Rossignol on June 20th, 2008.
The new Brothers In Arms game is looking rather good. In fact it’s one of the FPS games for 2008 that I am most looking forward to. There was something simplistic-yet-deep about the previous games, and so I’m hoping that Hell’s Highway can deliver the same kind of crouching-behind-a-tractor intensity that made the first game so compelling. This time, however, that tractor, or fence, or pile of sandbags might not be so static: the new Brothers In Arms game features massively destructible scenery. Bricks will shatter, fences with splinter, and stuff will go all Physics when grenades explode nearby. You can check it all out in the trailer after the jump.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- David Bliff : “What don't you like? It's not the easiest thing to learn but I think the game is incredibly compelling.” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- David Bliff : “Confirmed: Reus is amazing. It's definitely deeper and a little less approachable than other recent god games like From Dust. But it really is more ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- Lord Custard Smingleigh : “Unity of Command is excellent. Even if you're the attacker in a scenario overwhelmingly in your favour, the AI ruthlessly exploits any hole in your ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- KenTWOu : “People who want to hear something, anything, about a game they’re looking forward to... Yeah, they so desperately wanted that Half-life 2 didn't get into ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Chubzdoomer : “I couldn't possibly agree more. This game has been ruined beyond belief.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update