Someone is going to crack the open-world shooter, and when they do I’ll be there with the huggiest hug of all hugs. With Firefall and Planetside 2 already out (ish), and Defiance coming, it feels like there’s a movement. The problems that have kept these kinds of games from proliferating will now have three development teams trying to fix them. But what game to choose? This PvP specific Defiance developer diary makes a good case for giving it some attention. Quad bikes and meaty shooty-bangs are all well represented, even if the word ‘console’ is liberally tossed about.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Brought to you by the letter ‘D’’
By Craig Pearson on October 18th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- colossalstrikepackage : “Yeah. This is definitely what I want more of on this site. Subversive is good if it's truthful. And I think Rab's nailed the board ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- microminiature : “I am trembling with reasonable apprehension.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- sinister agent : “That was why I never went back to the first game after playing the first level. It was alright, and the concept was neat, but ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2
- Dana : “No Ghostface ? I'm impressed.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- DellyWelly : “Girls love sexy hidden geek. Yup, read it again. Again... Believe. Dare to Believe.” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die