Okay, that’s a little bit dramatic, but “making cities a bit more accessible to thieves” is missing the flair that the Dovakhiin deserves, and while I won’t be moving mountains in this second Skyrim mod round-up, I will be shifting cities about a bit. This second shout of mods isn’t really about fixing things or adding to the world: it’s about building on what’s there, making the world nicer. I wouldn’t suggest you use all the mods listed here at the same time, as there’s bound to be come major incompatibilities when you start shifting major urban areas around, but it’s a useful, catch-all guide to bettering the existing game. If the grass isn’t greener on the other side, it soon will be.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Build Your Own Skyrim’
By Craig Pearson on March 17th, 2012.
By Craig Pearson on March 10th, 2012.
Skyrim might not be broken, but it is a bit cracked. There’s never been an open-world that didn’t crumble at the edges of a simulation, and Bethesda’s Nord land is detailed with a fine filigree through its stony butt. Patches will help, and Bethesda have done a lot of good work to keep the game ticking along, but with all those dragons stomping around, sometimes backwards, the mud has been loosened. Thanks to Steam Workshop, the act of modding Skyrim is phenomenally easy: all you need to do is select a mod in the system’s list and it’ll be integrated into the game. There’s also a few from the venerable Skyrim Nexus as well. While we wait for both Bethesda or these guys to pack the mud back in place, there are a few tweaks you can make to the base game, gleaned from the Workshop’s finest fiddlers. They won’t be as fancy as adding monocles and top hats to mudcrabs – I’ll be getting to those in a later article – but they will strengthen Skyrim’s core and fix a few glaring errors and inconsistencies.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Mctittles : “I don't think compatibility is the reason I see old XP or 98 style dialog boxes in WIN7 if I dig deep enough or even ...” on Build A Better-Than-Xbox-One/PS4 PC For £500
- GreatGreyBeast : “You know, high speed escape sequences could work really well for this game, if designed properly and used sparingly. Theoretically, you could make a fast-paced, ...” on Thief: Eidos’ Words Vs My E3 Playthrough
- JessMcGuire6 : “If you think Bernard`s story is incredible,, won weak-ago my aunts girlfriend made $8804 working eleven hours a week at home and there buddy's mother-in-law`s ...” on The Witcher 3 Beards Some Gameplay Footage!
- Mctittles : “I find it absolutely mind blowing that games are still made without using a sensible timer in code. I remember having this problem back on ...” on Volition Looking To Mod Support For Saints Row Games
- JessMcGuire6 : “upto I looked at the check of $7768, I be certain ...that...my sister actualie receiving money part-time on-line.. there uncle has been doing this 4 ...” on Build A Better-Than-Xbox-One/PS4 PC For £500