With a mere five hours left before cruel fate snuffed out Hope’s chances of a bright (read: horrific, downcast, and hopelessly dystopian) future, Kickstarter finally kicked into high gear. Republique has officially met its funding goal – and then some, in fact. The final tally stands at $555,662, which is pretty damn astounding, given that nearly $300,000 of it came surging in this week. In fact, the stealth-action Metroidavania camera hacking thing managed almost a complete reversal of the other major Kickstarter success stories; its biggest day was its last – not its first. Messages from both the Republique team and Mr Purrington await you after the break.
Posts Tagged ‘Camouflaj’
By Nathan Grayson on May 12th, 2012.
By Nathan Grayson on May 11th, 2012.
Truth be told, I never really liked Republique‘s chances on Kique, er, Kickstarter. Don’t get me wrong: it’s pretty much the only Kickstarter I’m personally pulling for, but a mere two weeks ago, it still needed to coax $400,000 out of an army of unwilling wallets. On top of that, we’re talking about an unproven concept from a freshly born franchise. And, perhaps most damningly, everyone at Camouflaj clearly can’t spell. The past couple days, then, have been nothing short of astounding. Passionate fans have piped up via every form of social networking short of the ancient Roman Forum, and Republique’s rocketed to more than $430,000 of its $500,000 goal. Now, less than a day remains. Disembodied surveillance camera protagonists will speak of this photo finish for years to come. Well, if it succeeds anyway. But honestly, why should you care? Well, there’s the whole respecting PC gamers thing, for one. And now, there’s also a trailer of Republique in action.
Respond to our gibber
- godofdefeat : “CHEMICAL FACE” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- aepervius : “There is only one problem with your argument : they haven't developped yet at ALL for PS4 and Xbox one. And PS3 is notrioulsy hard ...” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- abremms : “I use mechjeb because I like to focus on design and building, not retrying the launch every time I make the slightest mistake. I only ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- Sheng-ji : “Can you not read: I quote from you "You should be giving to a charity that ..." Like I said, you are an arrogant pig. ...” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- Cinek : “I don't get this game to be honest. Sounds like one of these games which are difficult only because: A) noone bothered with good tutorial ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program