The Cannon Fodder games are inserted deeply within the Fond Memories Gland of many of the RPS team. It was therefore surprise that we learned that a third Cannon Fodder game would be released in Russia. It is with even more surprise that we discover, via Strategy Informer, that an English version has been released on GamersGate. I’ve not had a look at it yet, so I can’t gauge the entertainment value, but we’ll try to amend that soon. (The total lack of fanfare makes me raise an eyebrow, of course.) In the meantime: this.
Posts Tagged ‘Cannon Fodder 3’
By Jim Rossignol on February 9th, 2012.
By John Walker on February 3rd, 2012.
Well here’s a thing. You may remember that last January there was a flurry of excitement at the prospect of a new Cannon Fodder game. The 1993 Amiga classic still generates a lot of love, and people especially like arguing about whether Cannon Fodder 2 was an acceptable sequel, and whether Stuart Campbell ruined it with his sticky-up hair. Let’s fight about that now! But a third never happened, until the peculiarity of Codemasters licensing the title for a Russian-only third part developed by GFI. Codies quickly distanced themselves from it, and things fell silent. But now every other site on the internet has reported the spotting of a YouTube video of some footage by Twitterite superannuation. And, well, it looks like Cannon Fodder with improved graphics.
By Quintin Smith on January 18th, 2011.
EDIT: Ah. Allow me to bring you back down to Earth with a bump. Codemasters has told Eurogamer that despite GFI’s plans to release the game for both PC and Xbox 360, they do not have plans to release the games outside of Russia and the CIS territitories. Here’s a picture of the CIS territories. Do you live there? Didn’t think so. Perhaps if GFI knock the game out of the park, Codemasters will look at bringing the game to the rest of the globe. The original news story follows.
News! News! Here is the news. Russian developer/publisher GFI, who had a hand in the creation of The Precursors, Boiling Point, White Gold (the sequel to Boiling Point) and about a thousand pieces of shovelware nonsense has announced the development of another sequel to classic 90s PC game Cannon Fodder, in collaboration with Codemasters. Would you like to see the image and press release? Alright, soldier, you’ll find it all below. Double-time it!
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Jim Rossignol : “A little bit.” on Capturetrainridefight! – Dragon’s Prophet’s Open Beta
- pupsikaso : “Um, so is this an MMO?” on Capturetrainridefight! – Dragon’s Prophet’s Open Beta
- sonson : “DOGS! Dogs are the best. I fucking love dogs. DOGS is an acronym of GODS. I have a dog that looks a bit like the ...” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- strangeloup : “"Tons" is a bit of an exaggeration. There are only five loadouts that provide any kind of boost which require a hat, and only three ...” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- derbefrier : “Sweet, this is a fun game and is a lot more enjoyable after a few patches(namely fixing the check point system and adding a cockpit ...” on Mods In Spaceeeee: Strike Suit Zero Steam Workshop