By Captain Blood I am of course referring to Captain Blood, and not Captain Blood, because Captain Blood is that Captain Blood, obviously. But that’s not to say that 1c’s God Of War At Sea brawler isn’t looking appealling all on its own, just that the appeal is somewhat different, as you can see from GT’s E3 preview, which I looted for our own usages and linked below decks. I saw and played the Russian version of Captain Blood about two years ago, and it was looking reasonably polished and proficient at that time, so it’s a mystery that the appearance on Westernised shores has taken so long. Anyway, it’s slated for Q3 this year, and it’s kind of good to see this kind of action game looking so healthy.
Posts Tagged ‘captain blood’
By Jim Rossignol on June 29th, 2010.
By Jim Rossignol on June 30th, 2009.
Sadly nothing to do with the classic Captain Blood, and everything to do with classic novel Captain Blood. It’s a hack ‘n’ slash adventure game from the developers of Sea Dogs, complete with pirates getting stabbed, cannons getting primed, and bosses getting – wuh-oh – quicktime event’d. I played this a bit in Moscow last year and it was actually pretty fun – especially the arcade boat violence between speedy galleons – but I’m not exactly holding out for a masterpiece. Go take a look at the dev walkthroughs below, and you can judge for yourself.
Respond to our gibber
- Lawful Evil : “the worst of it all is the gamer theres practically millions of wealthy gamers floating around the net with hi spec gaming systems, adsl2 plus ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Yosharian : “Ugh, I'm agreeing with Bhazor? Now I feel a little dirty inside =p” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Yosharian : “This is not about rights, but about what's morally right. If I buy a product from someone, I do not then have the right to ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- AlexStoic : “Great topic! It's great, because it's difficult. There is no clear answer, because the logic teeters with every example. I think a healthy debate would ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Grape Flavor : “The content industries have made a lot of mistakes and if they had played their cards more wisely, things would be at least somewhat better ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature