This is quite the thing, via Technabob: it’s a case in which to place a laptop, turning it into an arcade machine. The case hooks the laptop up to arcade-style control pad and buttons, while providing an extra slide-out keyboard beneath the main cabinet so that you can still use it as a PC. Frustratingly, this doesn’t yet appear to be a commercial project, and instead is simply a demo project by this chap. As casemods go, this is both practical (if you’re an arcade nerd) and awesome, and totally should be a commercial thing. There’s a video of it being demonstrated in action beneath the click.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘casemod’
By Jim Rossignol on January 6th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- ResonanceCascade : “No one ever said they were anything else, so I'm not sure who you'd be arguing with.” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- JackShandy : “I too am disappointed that more people haven't lost their jobs for making games I dislike.” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- GrantNZ : “Oh that's a cute piece of obtuse advice, right?” on Wot I Think: Soundodger
- JackShandy : “We explored different design ideas. We put a bunch of possibilities together, like maybe an open-world game where you shoot people, or a straight-up single-player ...” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Zaranell : “Jesus christ, I know a lot of people have shooter fatigue, but this comment section reeks of cynicism to me. I played the hell out ...” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare