Missed this somehow when it came it appeared a couple of days ago, but it’s worth a look for anyone using Chrome as their browser: Carbon Games have release AirMech for free, here. It’s sort of RTS/tower defence/shoot ‘em up with a transforming robot, and it can even be played co-operatively or competitively with others. It’s fast paced and looks lovely with its retro pixel art. Pretty impressive for a browser game, I would say.
Posts Tagged ‘Chrome’
By Jim Rossignol on February 18th, 2012.
By Alec Meer on December 9th, 2011.
OK, Google’s Chrome browser just officially became scary/magnificent. It’s been able to run a few games – like Plants vs Zombies – in a browser window for a while now, but the excellent Bastion has just been added, marking a serious step up in what’s technologically possible. The game starts playing in less than a minute of clicking the button to add it, it looks just like the standard version as far as I can tell, runs smoothly and scales to your screen/window size. Oh, and you can play a free demo then pay to unlock the full thing right away if you like.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Jim Rossignol on May 21st, 2010.
Edge Online report that Unity have revealed their 3D engine running in Google’s Chrome browser without a plugin.
Described as a “potential game changer” by Unity VP Brett Seyler, Native Client is a security sandbox currently in development for Chromium which allows “the secure execution of native code”. Unity’s Web Player software is not required.
Dark magicks. And kind of a big deal. Lots more in a big post from Unity over here. “The future of games on the web,” indeed.
Respond to our gibber
- johann tor : “So, this was a column wherein the author attacked head-on the need to write another column... Because as he says he's fizzing with ideas - ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- Simbosan : “Resources yes, assets no. I am indeed doing lots of leadership for resources” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- Zogtee : “I loved the first one, but less focus on singleplayer means I'll give this one a miss.” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2
- MrMud : “The behind the scenes trailer shown at the reveal did show a dog in a mocap suit, that was good enough for me.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- John Walker : “Nope, that's not me. I'm sensibly dressed : )” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter