CitiesXL was half okay. It was an okay city builder, which was precisely what lots of people wanted. Sadly it wasn’t a great MMO, and that bit of the game soon curled up and died. Fortunately it didn’t mean the end for the series, which is back again for 2010/2011, hopefully improved in its single player capacities. There’s a little video and some information over on the new site, which was revealed today. The release date is October 14th, but the interesting news is that the next game will keep the “world” system, just in what appears to be an offline capacity. So you’ll be able to build a series of cities across a planet of your own, something like that. Will it just be the old game patched up to work offline? I’ll drop them a line and find out some more about what we should expect.
Posts Tagged ‘CitiesXL 2011’
By Jim Rossignol on September 10th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- Eliijahh : “I've played Eggnogg with my father and we've been having fun like two children. BTW looking at the videos about nidhogg, eggnogg looks much more ...” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- Convolvulus : “Drakensang: The River of Time, prequel to the game in this bundle (though released afterward), is currently on sale at Amazon US for $2.99, which ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Convolvulus : “Insofar as they're compelled to do things that customers approve of in order to keep receiving money, yes, Gaben and friends are obligated to resolve ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Sigvatr : “You stopped playing a fun game because of some political drama? Jeez, aren't you just a douche.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Xyvik : “No, 35% is an excellent deal as an author. And it's an excellent deal just about anywhere in the creative community where you make your ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update