The news lookouts from BluesNews lit a beacon signalling that the Civ 5 expansion pack, Gods & Kings, isn’t far away now, with a release date of a startlingly nearby June 19th. Firaxis have sat down to make their developer men talk a bit about what’s going on with the new races in a developer diary, which you can see below. The nine new factions come along with reworked diplomacy mechanics that will now encompass a fresh take on religion and espionage. There are a bunch of faction-specific abilities detailed in there, too, such as Carthage’s Alp-surmounting mountain leaping. Good work, Barca boys.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Civilization V: Gods & Kings’
By Jim Rossignol on June 13th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Lord Custard Smingleigh : “I'm just guessing here, but I suspect it is that one is an awesome futuristic suit of nearly-impenetra~ powered armour with tiny, hard-to-hit vulnerable points, ...” on Phwoarhammer: Warhammer 40K: Armageddon
- mechabuddha : “I'm not a huge fan of the in-game art style, either. BUT. The concept art is absolutely gorgeous, and there are more things to a ...” on The Story Of The Streets: Unrest
- Niko : “This looks interesting. Hopefully NPCs in the city crushed by poverty won't give you bags of gold for "fetch me my walking stick" quests.” on The Story Of The Streets: Unrest
- Snidesworth : “Likewise, everything about this sounds interesting. I'm willing to put 10 bucks towards it to see how the concept pans out.” on The Story Of The Streets: Unrest
- RobinOttens : “Yep, they have my money. If only because I'm interested in their approach to the story and combat. Setting sounds neat too. I fully expect ...” on The Story Of The Streets: Unrest