Psychiatric Evaluation‘s probably a bit better as an idea than an actual game, but wow, what a neat idea. It begins as a text adventure – because obviously, crazy people see only in eloquent prose – but as your sanity improves, the game evolves. So talking to a doctor once transforms your mad world into an ASCII symbol jambalaya, twice yields a top-down Atari-style adventure, and three times bumps the graphical fidelity up to something you might have seen (and heard) on a Super Nintendo. What’s even more impressive, though, is how that clever representation of your sanity gets weaved into this psycho-not’s central puzzle.
Posts Tagged ‘Conflictive Labs’
By Nathan Grayson on September 29th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Apocalypse : “Just compare the elemental demo for ps4 and pc. Now say again "run circles around a pc" and do it with an honest face ;-) ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version
- gi_ty : “Brilliant I'm compiling this for a pitch to M Night Shyamalan. I smell a summer blockbuster.” on OK, Seriously, Are They Going To Kill Call Of Duty Dog?
- innociv : “Dota2 is absolutely geared toward being a spectator game. So many of the decisions toward its design, such as the interface, how spell effects look, ...” on Valve Are Releasing A Game
- lord_strange : “"Deus Ex: Human Revolution was an absolute joy". Apart from the boss fights. I still shudder when I think of those. I've never played a ...” on Thief: Eidos’ Words Vs My E3 Playthrough
- Apocalypse : “http://www.youtu~ Funny enough, it seems like you actually can. Found a little video from some dude that plays it on ultra with a 8800gts and ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version