Cyanide are getting another crack at converting boardgames to the PC (having already done so with Blood Bowl) with their version of miniature tabletop game, Confrontation. It’s out today. I’ve had a brief look at this earlier in the week, but haven’t played enough for a critical verdict. I can certainly report that some fantasy dudes get killed right up, in a real-time strategy fashion, if that’s your sort of thing. Check out more of that sort of thing in the launch trailer, below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Confrontation!’
By Jim Rossignol on April 5th, 2012.
By Jim Rossignol on December 9th, 2011.
You might recollect from a few months back that Cyanide announced they were making a videogame version of the tabletop combat system Confrontation. There’s apparently been a bit of progress in that area, because Cyanide have released a teaser trailer (via Blue), which you can see below. It seems to feature a lot of heavily out of breath characters. Regarding the game itself Cyanide explain: “With a core focus on strategy, Confrontation challenges players to lead a squad of elite soldiers, helping them evolve into a unit that is equal parts brain and brawn. Recruit, develop and equip your squadron and the powerful allies that fight by your side; establish new strategies to destroy your enemies!” No word on a release date, but I’d go for “2012ish”. Seems like a fair bet.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Jim Rossignol on July 29th, 2011.
Speaking of miniatures and dice, Cyanide – they of Bloodbowl and more lately the Game Of Thrones game – have announced that they are converting fantasy combat tabletop title Confrontation to the PC. Rackham, the company who made the game, went bust a while back I think, but the miniatures line has been picked up by Legacy Miniatures and it looks like Cyanide are pitching into the revival by creating a PC version. This PC version is, Cyanide explain: “an incredible real-time strategy game with the classic role playing elements.”
It will apparently be available this autumn, and I expect we’ll get hold of more details before then.
Respond to our gibber
- Stupoider : “"TF2 has always been goofy, it’s always had this 60′s and 70′s over-the-top sci-fi/mad doctor vibe going" It really, really hasn't. TF2 did have a ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- SkittleDiddler : “For those complaining about its exorbitant release price, Unity of Command is currently going for $5 at the amazon sale. The expansion is discounted too. ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- PoulWrist : “Main issue is that, like WoW, it's not an MMO...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs
- Ernesto25 : “its true i just feel frustrated when i remember how much fun i had when i bought the game on release and how its one ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Bugamn : “I was expecting something like this. I just wanted to know if the ironclad games are worth by themselves, but I guess with that company ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back