Okay, so literal titles sometimes work. Especially portmanteaus, and doubly especially for Crashtastic, because it’s like the two words that have gone into making the game name have crashed, but instead of blood and screaming, the noise of twisted metal grinding up people, the inevitable insurance claims and the flashbacks, the crash has resulted in a word that means we realise just how Crashy and Fantastic this indie game could be. Well, that’s my reading of it, anyway. Crashtastic is a game about the fantastic world of crashes. You build up a vehicle for your robot to crash. Fantastic video is here.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘crash’
By Craig Pearson on February 25th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Gap Gen : “There are some games that are great at making otherwise reasonable people very angry. I remember continuously swearing at people in L4D.” on The Sunday Papers
- robotslave : “Big Pepper never wins.” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- fish99 : “If Microsoft/Ensemb~ were to put out another AoE game that was as good as AoE2, it would absolutely sell. Starcraft 2 proved that, and then ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Deadly Sinner : “Valve has the trademark for Dota, not Defense of the Ancients.” on The Sunday Papers
- Eliijahh : “I've played Eggnogg with my father and we've been having fun like two children. BTW looking at the videos about nidhogg, eggnogg looks much more ...” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened