Gentleman purveyor of indie-game discoveries, Pixel Prospector, has pointed out the existence of the neon vector flying-shooter type game, Vektropolis. It’s still at an early stage, according to the devs, but it has some lovely visuals already, and that sort of free-flying Descent/G-Police way of doing things that was so popular for a while back there, but these days seems to have fallen out of favour. I wish there was actually a proper genre name for the flying-and-shooting-but-not-a-sim genre. Anyway, I am interested to see more of this. Check out the video below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Dark Computer Entertainment’
By Jim Rossignol on April 18th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Crosmando : “Really? Sure felt like 9 hours to me” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- Crosmando : “I heard on the grapevine that you can romance/take to bed the companion woman in this game” on Less Wooden: War Logs Improves Voice Acting
- skalpadda : “*cough*Alec*coug~” on Gunpoint’s Creator Is Now Fabulously Wealthy, Still Nice
- jfrisby : “Someone should make the Molyneux & Vanaman on a boat game for Molyjam.” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- laddyman : “Shame about the gamey bits, though.” on Less Wooden: War Logs Improves Voice Acting