Following this story in which I condescendingly suggested that Namco could convert a couple of its better games to PC, 59,900 people have so far signed an online petition to bring the game to the one true format. Is that enough to change the publisher’s mind? Hard to say, but we’re expecting Namco to make an official statement about this at some point soon. Might as well throw your name down if you want another hardcore melee combat RPG on the PC, eh?
Posts Tagged ‘Dark Souls’
By Jim Rossignol on January 11th, 2012.
By Jim Rossignol on January 6th, 2012.
UPDATE: Namco have said that this is nothing more than a “rumor” stemming from the link (obviously) and offer no comment on whether they are likely to produce a PC version of the game.
Update 2: Here’s a petition to sign for Dark Souls PC, if you like signing petitions. Over 9000 signatures so far. Let’s hope it makes the right executives pay attention.
Quite a few people have sent me this link to a forum post in which a Namco employee suggests that has to be “demand” for a PC version of acclaimed console RPG Dark Souls, if it is to show up on the one true format. It seems to me that Namco decided there wasn’t demand, of course, because the game has so far only turned up on the TV boxes. That strikes me as a little strange, especially when you consider that historically-speaking PC gamers are VERY interested in making armoured men hit fantasy enemies with swords and sharp sticks. Underpin that with unforgiving RPG mechanics and that DOES sound like our kind of game. But I suppose there are only thirty million or so Steam accounts, and hundreds of millions of better-than-360-spec PCs worldwide… What possible market could there be for such a game on the age old Windows machine? Eh? Oh, and Namco, while you are converting Dark Souls to PC you might as well do Enslaved too? I mean it can’t possibly hurt. Thanksmuch!
[I've contacted Namco for an official statement on the Dark Souls PC situation. Hands up if you want a PC version!]
Respond to our gibber
- B4rberblacksheep : “Windows 8 is only better for gaming in that it does run more efficently. Otherwise it is the biggest dump anyone has taken on gaming...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- woodsey : “Neither Sony nor Nintendo have such an apparent connection to the PC. They also don't wheel out a "look how much we're focusing on the ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- NathanH : “I was just thinking the other day that India is not a well-trodden setting for video games for whatever reason.” on The Story Of The Streets: Unrest
- Spakkenkhrist : “I wish that was true but I think sales to businesses far outstrip sales to gamers.” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- Rinu : “"though, why is nobody upset that sony or nintendo never ever port their exclusives over to pc? is this exclusively a microsoft problem?" Exactly. Big ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives