BigDownload scooped the news, using their giant info-bagger (which gnaws endlessly at the heart of the ever-growing internet), that Civilization V designer Jon Shafer has been hired by Stardock to work on Elemental, the turn-by-turn strategy game that appeared last year to a chorus of mixed frowns, but is now probably fine after a bunch of patching, we still haven’t had time to check. Apparently awesomeness is planned for Elemental, so that sounds awesome. Go awesome! That’s what I say, like when a guy playing American football says “Go deep” or whatever. I say that to Quinns when he is racing another blog post to the blog line. Anyway, the Stardockians have also used their cash to hire Dave Stern, a novelist and editor, who will apparently be working on Elemental’s lore. There’s life in the old lich yet, it seems.
Posts Tagged ‘Dave Stern’
By Jim Rossignol on January 4th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- Fluka : “His wrongness is one of the few things the American right and left can agree on!” on The Sunday Papers
- KindredPhantom : “Much love to you three for mentioning and remembering Dystopia! Twincannon is doing a great job on 1.4, it will be well worth the wait!” on I See You: Returning To The Hidden
- rpbmyblog75 : “2... This article made me become shiny. After reading this article, I encouraged a lot. I will pay more attention to your blog. I hope ...” on Podcast Infiltration: RPS in OLL
- FriendlyFire : “I don't know how much they've managed/will manage to implement, but what you've described sounds extremely similar to Salem. There's been a fair amount of ...” on The Sunday Papers
- FriendlyFire : “Yes and no. The point of science is to understand things, but communicating them with people outside of your (often very narrow) field isn't necessary ...” on The Sunday Papers