Space Combat is all very simple isn’t it? Grab a game pad, pull the trigger, remember there’s no up and down, except when there is, and chocks away, eh? But it’s not necessarily like that. Rogue System developers DCI explain: “Rogue System also gives a nod to both classic and modern hardcore combat flight-sims by introducing fully integrated ship systems and the click-able cockpit to control them. Not only will you have to fly and fight, but you will also have to manage your ship and its functions to get the most out of it at all times.” Yep, that means keeping an eye on more subsystems than a game of FTL, as you can see in the video below. Sounds fancy, and it looks like DCI have made some serious progress with this project, but they’re also aiming for Kickstarter, so that’ll be interesting to watch.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘DCI’
By Jim Rossignol on February 18th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- ChainsawHands : “They really do! That game was so, so good.” on Heavy Gear Assault Enters The Kickstarter Arena
- Belsameth : “You can't change the reward tiers after they've been purchased at least once, so this is purely speculation. It just says 2 copies, and no ...” on GODUS Publishing Via F2P Mobile Distro, PC Unmentioned
- Deano2099 : “Would a game that did things that differently even be an MMO though? I'm all for innovation, but has there been an amazing and revolutionary ...” on Neverwinter Money Exploit Sees Cryptic Turn Back Time
- Keymonk : “I thought 'Dawngate' was an RPS dramatization of its name in the vein of Watergate or whatever that old news scandal thing was called.” on EA’s Dawngate MOBA Detailed, Beta This Friday
- Commissar Choy : “I really thought his name was "Bricks" at first and then was disappointed. Then even more disappointed by the stupid "Mark & Execute" looking scene.” on Man On Man Action: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Co-op Trailer