Cooperative zombie defence game Dead Block hit XBLARGH and PSN last summer and has only just managed to burst through the barricades previously holding it back from a PC release. There are no towers, this being ’50s small town America it’s mostly diners, motels and hair grease. but there’s plenty of defending to be done. Rather than pointing and clicking to place turrets, players control one of three characters, rushing about, hammering boards across openings and planting traps. Zombies must die. Again. It didn’t receive the warmest reception in console land and I’m yet to play it but at least there’s a bit of old-fashioned rock and roll in there. Trailer below.
Posts Tagged ‘Dead Block’
By Adam Smith on January 27th, 2012.
By John Walker on May 10th, 2011.
It’s really not fair on Dead Block, which has just announced that it will be using the Unreal Engine 3, that it feels like one heck of a heavy straw for this here camel. Because it looks pretty cute. Jim mentioned its existence last week, and now we have a trailer for you below. It’s funny, and the game looks like it might be ace. But crikey, there’s a lot of games about zombies with “dead” in the title.
By Jim Rossignol on May 6th, 2011.
Via Blues I notice that Digital Reality have announced Dead Block, which is an Unreal-powered game about keeping zombies out of your house. They explain that the game contains “innovative defensive gameplay in which the few remaining survivors, Jack Foster (a construction worker), Foxy Jones (a traffic warden), and Mike Bacon (a perpetually hungry boy scout) have formed an unlikely alliance to protect themselves from the invading undead. Hiding in various shelters around town, they avoid Zombies by building blockades, setting fiendish traps or – as a last resort – using their weapons to fight.”
Dead Block features single-player as well as co-op, and the game website has some more images and a trailer.
Respond to our gibber
- malkav11 : “On the bright side, if MS -did- bring their exclusives to PC they'd probably want to saddle them with all the consumer-hostile garbage they're packing ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- Grape Flavor : “I love these people who would like nothing better than to destroy the entire hobby they claim to be a fan of in favor of ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Cronstintein : “Fun game, at least I'm certainly enjoying it so far. I love pc gaming for the flexible price point. I would pass at $50 but ...” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- Grape Flavor : “There is no right for you to redistribute someone else's copyrighted work. It is entirely a fictitious and fallacious creation of your own mind. That ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Grape Flavor : “Oh yes, we know, John, and I respect you much the less for it. God forbid someone block your precious ads - the injustice of ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature