I keep waiting for the twist in the new Dead Island DLC trailer: it might be that it’s different for everyone that watches it? Did you see Australian Colonel Ryder White going mad between the all too familiar emotional tent-poles of military doctrine and love, while struggling through a tropical paradise filled with the walking dead? He’s the original’s antagonist, which is a decent idea for a story-based expansion. In my version of the trailer below, the zombie plague has also affected his accent.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Dead Island: Ryder White’
By Craig Pearson on January 27th, 2012.
By John Walker on January 17th, 2012.
It’s a frequent lament that we rarely get to play bad guys in an interesting way. There’s another hope on the horizon, with the rather good Dead Island announcing some new major DLC. Ryder White is a whole new angle on the game’s story, where you play as the titular character – the game’s main baddie. Which is a splendid idea, if it’s done right. It’s a new single-player campaign, where you’ll apparently get to understand White’s motivations for his actions, as well as see him as a loving husband and military man. Techland say it’ll be “several hours” long, and add in a couple more weapons. We’ve some screenshots of it below.
Respond to our gibber
- JackShandy : “"I’m scared that people will play it once, think they saw it all, then never go back." Huh, that's exactly what I did. It took ...” on Level With Me, Ed Key
- The Random One : “" Affected bones would glow a greenish-white colour in the dark." Shut up, real life, you're trying too hard” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- spectone : “When I started to read this article this image of a computerised WHS quiz jumped into my head. Now I cannot dissacociate this game from ...” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- arccos : “Thank you for teaching me something I never, ever, ever wanted to know. My nightmares tip their hats to you!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Stinkfinger75 : “I'm flabbergasted to read that Denny's has made its way across the Atlantic.” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real