I sure hope that’s the “RPS Release Radar” (patent pending) pinging, and not the “Approaching Alien Xenomorph Motion Tracker”. Why did we program them to sound the same? That was my mistake. I’ll take the blame, but there was a two-for-one sale at “Stock Sounds For Imaginary Devices”. Hmm, I think it’s RPSRR and not the AAXTM, as I’m also hearing that Sega’s and Gearbox’s shiny FPS Aliens: Colonial Marines is skitterring on all fours all the way to Autumn. To pacify baying hoardes, they’ve also released a trailer.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘DEath by frugal stock sound shopping’
By Craig Pearson on January 30th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Ultraman1966 : “How can it harder to port? PS3 and Xbox are PowerPC-based but the new consoles (excluding Wii U of course) are also x86 so it ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version
- Lambchops : “Quite nice, surprisingly generous collision detection as well, which is nice in one of these "oh my good the bullets I'm going to die" games. ...” on Wot I Think: Soundodger
- Lambchops : “While your view resonates with me I'm not sure punning could be avoided.” on Wot I Think: Soundodger
- MichaelPalin : “Yes, yes, nice game and all, but Microsoft has just backpedaled from DRMing disc-based games on the Xbone. What does it say from us PC ...” on Wot I Think: Soundodger
- Josh W : “Someone give Peter a hug! It's interesting, because knowing what he's said about what he wanted his games to be, I can understand why he ...” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman