If you’ve somehow managed to get out of being obligated to buy gifts today then you might be able to spend some of the time we saved by shopping on the internet playing Deity, a free game from an intrepid band of Digipen students. It’s free! In it you play some kind of magical assassin dude, as you can see in the trailer below. The team say the mechanics of the game are inspired by Diablo and Arkham Asylum, and the acrobatics in the trailer seem to confirm that can of Batmanly dynamism in taking down your enemies. Seriously go take a look at this one!
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Deity’
By Jim Rossignol on December 17th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- rockman29 : “I've been playing since long before 6.xx and I completely disagree with everything you just said.” on The Sunday Papers
- rockman29 : “I don't understand that either, ignoring SC2 so much. It's like authors don't want RTS to exists, because we have MOBAs? It's very weird. Just ...” on The Sunday Papers
- BooleanBob : “No no, I think you're both on to something here. I'm doing that 'speaking for everyone' thing again, but who here doesn't feel, having lived ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Evilpigeon : “Unlike RTS games MOBAs have a very low barrier to entry for their strategic stuff. So much of the game is knowing how to react ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Gap Gen : “Re: the maths article: "Sarnak, the skeptic" is the best name.” on The Sunday Papers