Spring time has always been a bit of a double-edged sword for me. On one hand, there are flowers and refreshing breezes, and the sun smiles like in an old black-and-white cartoon, except with a chillingly sinister undertone because it’s kind of pissed about global warming these days. But, on the other, crippling allergies render me incapable of drawing breath. Fortunately, thanks to Indie Royale’s spring bundle, I can now take my mind off my sputtering, purple-faced death by partaking of a nice selection of indie games on the cheap. So that’s nice.
Posts Tagged ‘Depths of Peril’
By Kieron Gillen on June 17th, 2008.
I’ve ranted about Depths of Peril before, last year’s premier Indie RPG (Or so Indie Tunnel say anyway, and I agree with ‘em). That it came from Steven Peeler, who previously worked at Ritual and was best-known for his action games may be a surprise. After reading the interview, it won’t be. We talk about his roots, his decade-plus nagging desire to create an RPG and the problems which he overcame making the game that’s to the Diablo action-RPG what STALKER is to the FPS. Except far closer to what STALKER promised than what we received…
Read the rest of this entry »
By Kieron Gillen on May 6th, 2008.
Gamesradar decided to avoid going straight to the sexy and have repurposed my PC Gamer review of GameTunnel’s Indie RPG of 2007 and lobbed it online. I start like this…
At the time of writing, Iron Lore, makers of Titan Quest, have just gone bust. A THQ Creative Director put the blame pretty firmly at the feet of software piracy. While it’s easy to sympathise – there’s nothing funny in hundreds of thousands of people playing a game for free while its makers run into financial difficulties – you can’t help but think if Iron Lore had actually displayed even a fraction of the imagination this indie action-RPG does, they’d still be here today. With Depths of Peril, the only element in the game that doesn’t display vision and quiet confidence is its somewhat underwhelming name.
Respond to our gibber
- benkc : “Thanks for the list. I was looking through Skyrim GEMS just yesterday trying to build a set of mods somewhat along those lines. Ended up ...” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- aldo_14 : “If you had five papa deer and five mama deer, you would end up with twenty deer. All of which would show that this game ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- teethreaper : “Well, I don’t agree... I’ve been playing the early access as well and I must say I had a great time. OK, it’s indeed hard, ...” on Element4l Still Looks Delightful, Releases This Week
- Synesthesia : “i miss them too. What happenned to tank-control survival horror? I want more! I miss it badly.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Otter : “Sad but true, my friend.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery