There’s something beautiful about the sheer dedication that this has required: after four years of meticulous development, the Freespace 2 mod turned freeware game, Disapora: Shattered Armistice, has been released. It’s a space dogfighting game based on the recent TV series. The Freespace 2 code is now open to all, and that means that there could well be much continued development and modding of this mod. For now, though, take a look at the trailer below and head here for the downloads on Windows, OSX, and Linux.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Diaspora’
By Jim Rossignol on September 7th, 2012.
By Alec Meer on October 29th, 2010.
Battlestar Galactica (the new version, clearly) remains something of a magnet for game projects, and there’s good reason for that: its depiction of space battles remains a masterpiece in scale, affecting minimalism and sinister awe. Mighty fine-lookin’ standalone Freespace 2 mod Diaspora does, it appears, absolutely nail all of that. If the finished project can even slightly live up to the apparently in-game footage below, we’re in for a frakking amazing time.
Respond to our gibber
- Lewie Procter : “I don't include deals unless I am pretty confident they are basically legit.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- AngoraFish : “Always pick a zero sales tax state (Oregon Montana Alaska New Hampshire or Delaware). It is very likely that legislation will be passed in the ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- Lord Custard Smingleigh : “I'm one of those no-MechJeb purists who doesn't even quicksave. But then, I play Kerbal Space Program as an unintentional space disaster simulator.” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- Wedge : “Yeah, I felt sad when the game engine was clearly capable of a lot more than they were using it for in terms of the ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- Nogo : “F5 before every maneuver, F9 when you inevitably screw it up.” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program