This headline feels like it’s dropped in from from 2007. Back then Epic put a pile of money under a giant washing basket. Then Mark Rein waited with a length of string tied to a stick and hoped for a developer to wander underneath. Painkiller devs People Can Fly did, enticed by the money and banquet that Rein had seeded his trap with. But when the trap came tumbling down, PCF left a leg sticking out, so all Epic got was a bit of the company. As of today, Epic Games have trapped that missing leg and now fully own the Bulletstorm developers. They’ve bought the final chunk of the company from founder, Adrian Chmielarz.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘DRAMATIC BUYOUT’
By Craig Pearson on August 13th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- fish99 : “Yeah it's on the very final page which is kinda stupid. If you pay via paypal, it's actually after you come back from entering your ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- bob. : “If you like Combat Mission, just a note that Panzer Command: Ostfront is on sale right now on Matrix Games. It doesn't come close to ...” on The Flare Path: Elegant Elefanticide
- zabzonk : “For the very first time I can do a couple of the crossword thingy clues! One of the themes is pets - Guy Gibson's dog ...” on The Flare Path: Elegant Elefanticide
- Paul : “I guess I am missing something, but where can I enter coupon for discount on gamefly? On the last page of order there is no ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- SIDD : “One can hope that this can be used as a substitute for TrackIR; I wouldn't mind having this hooked up in ARMA3 for head tracking” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year