Ed Vaizey has appeared at the Develop conference in Brighton to confirm that not only does he play console games, but he confirms that Miyamoto’s designs are suitable for casual incompetents. “I play Super Mario Wii,” said the UK Culture Minister, “That’s all I’m capable of”. We tried to reach Nintendo for comment, but failed, because we didn’t try very hard. He also faced stiff questioning from TIGA on the issue of tax-breaks for games development, but argued that the general breaks for business were competitive adding that he didn’t rule out the possibility that the situation could change if the Games Industry managed to rally more convincing argument and “his door was open”. But I wasn’t really paying very much attention.
Posts Tagged ‘Ed Vaizey’
By Kieron Gillen on July 14th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- Convolvulus : “Drakensang: The River of Time, prequel to the game in this bundle (though released afterward), is currently on sale at Amazon US for $2.99, which ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Convolvulus : “Insofar as they're compelled to do things that customers approve of in order to keep receiving money, yes, Gaben and friends are obligated to resolve ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Sigvatr : “You stopped playing a fun game because of some political drama? Jeez, aren't you just a douche.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Xyvik : “No, 35% is an excellent deal as an author. And it's an excellent deal just about anywhere in the creative community where you make your ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- The Random One : “That article (and the linked documentary) about the eternal mapmaker is absolutely beautiful. Now I keep imagining towns in the middle of farmland being swallowed ...” on The Sunday Papers