The other 1c game that turned up on our gam-o-scopes this week is this rather handsome-looking medieval turn-based strategy game, Empire: Time of Troubles. It comes with the most sedate and unhurried trailer I think I’ve ever seen (posted below) and seems to include a promising-looking 3D campaign map and a whole lot of menus, currently rendered mysterious (to me at least) by their encryption in cyrillic. The game apparently covers the period of 1350-1650AD in Poland, Lithuania and Russia, where dudes get chopped and stuff gets plague and is buried. You take charge one of the twenty six different factions involved in the region and attempt to lead them to victory. Expect micro-management, beards.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Empire: Time of Troubles’
By Jim Rossignol on May 13th, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- odgaf : “the problem is that theres too many people like you, you dont care about the 2nd hand market, you dont care about sharing, you dont ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- Incision : “The entire premise of the article is founded upon the author asserting that certain principles used to justify the defense of copyright are ethically wrong, ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- pmuschi : “Ok you guys, quit horsing around.” on What Did You Get Up To: Last Knight
- derbefrier : “sweet, I will pre order this soon then since I missed the kickstarter. Is looking pretty fun!” on Sir, You Are Hiking In The Mountains
- Jim Rossignol : “We've certainly put some time into thinking about interiors, but they're simply beyond our means at present.” on Sir, You Are Hiking In The Mountains