Granted, it has other things too – most of them somehow involving bullets, cover, explosions, or blood-spattered teddy bears sleeping in the rubble of a dystopian, corporation-run nation that’s forgotten how to hug. Mercenary Ops, of course, hails from the stop ‘n’ pop artists formerly known as Epic Games China (now Yingpei Games, but still affiliated), with the twist being that it’s PC-only and quite enamored with fancy physics. Also, it’s apparently more grounded in real-world tech than obvious wind beneath is veiny, rippling wings Gears of War, but – on the other hand – there’s a tentacle monster. So you be the judge. Check out the full trailer after the break.
Posts Tagged ‘Epic Games China’
By Craig Pearson on March 7th, 2012.
It’s not like Gears of War developer Epic Games to do anything quietly: they’ve announced games by chainsawing their way onto stage. But there’s a lack of fireworks and farming equipment in the unveiling of Mercenary Ops, a new third-person shooter coming out in Summer exclusively on the PC. There’s not even a balloon. It’s a Gears of War-ish cover-based shooter made by Epic Games China, with the teams apparently fighting for control Lowallistan on the Duckandshoot Peninsula, in the world of Crouchtopia. Thirty seconds of trailer is below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- PsychoWedge : “well, the absolut worst was Max Payne 3. it was almost unplayable for me. in fact, I only finsished it because I wanted to know ...” on Wot I Think: Call Of Juarez – Gunslinger
- gschmidl : “I'm not a big fan of the enemies levelling with you and hope they'll balance that a little more. Their forum is pretty split on ...” on Hands On: Grim Dawn
- pertusaria : “I'm trying (futilely, so far) not to buy impulsively anything I see that looks cool, so I'm not going to buy this right now, but ...” on There Is No Barrier To The Door Kickers Trailer
- Mollusc Infestation : “Millénaire is pretty much mandatory for me these days. It replaces the NPC villages with a "finished" version of the idea.” on A Minecraft Mod To Admeier: CivCraft
- EvOr : “You did not mention how fricking good the soundtrack is, this was the biggest surprise for me coming into this game.” on Hands On: Grim Dawn