Another Valve-inspired short film to enjoy this morning. Many years ago, John showed off part one of the Purchase Brothers guerrilla-style Half-Life homage, and now they’ve only gone and released part two. It uses the same blend of live action and game footage to fine effect. They spent $250 making this. To put that into context, Michael Bay spent 742 billion dollars on each of the Transformers films. This contains marginally less robots hitting one another but otherwise it’s far superior. Remember to watch in HD.
Posts Tagged ‘Escape From City 17: Part Two’
By Adam Smith on August 25th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- ShinRyuuken : “I might back this, but I'm not sure. I want them to get it off the ground. So what if it's another arena shooter? Gives ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Enters The Kickstarter Arena
- Muppetizer : “)” on Coil Up With A Good Game: Teslagrad Footage
- Derpentine : “I'm fairly sure Jim is getting some kind of kickback from these chaps. Either way, Procedural World looks far better and although not exactly showing ...” on Making It With Science: A TUG Interview
- WJonathan : “Looks like a Lovecraftian-sca~ disaster. Procedurally generated plot arcs and characters? "the procedural plots are generated from basic blueprints" No, it's either randomly generated or ...” on Polyptical Discourse: The Kingsport Cases
- DarkLiberator : “A trailer that shows gameplay and explains the game. Good one.” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134