Ludum Dare, for those who don’t know it, is a competition that challenges people to code games on a specific theme, ‘Escape’ this time around, within 48 hours. I could probably spend 48 years trying to make a game, but it would end well. As a boy, I once programmed a Commodore 64 to draw some flags but I copied the code from a magazine. That’s what we did instead of modding in the Eighties. It was radical. Here in 2011 I have spent slightly less time than these games took to make playing through a bunch and bringing you my pick of the crop, below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘escape’
By Adam Smith on August 23rd, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- riverman : “seriously, what is the point of a discussion? neither side will convince the other via this forum, so why even bother? I say this as ...” on Who ‘Won’ E3 And Other Assorted Musings
- WoundedBum : “Yeah, in fact this whole period is a bit arse if you're a fan on sports on PC. I can think of FIFA, and 2K's ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version
- lord_strange : “I am one of the PC gamers who does prefer Fifa on the PC rather than on the console, and I'm very disappointed by this. ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version
- The Random One : “It's very clearly a 2D arena shooter. I am very, very, very, very disappointed at your apparent lack of understanding of rigidly defined subgenre divisions.” on Steamy Simians: Gun Monkeys Steam-Bound
- Jupiah : “Wow, that's a lot of games on sale. I already bought all the D&D games in their last big D&D sale, what other hidden gems ...” on GoG Summer Sale Begins, Torchlight Currently Free