When buildings are collapsing and jets are being all “newwwwwwwrhghghghggh”, it’s easy to forget that the Battlefield 3 engine does small things as well. Subtle explosions. Personal blowey-uppies. I’d imagine that’s the reason for DICE making the Close Quarters map pack: to show off their microexplosion technology. They spent hours crafting those mini-bangs, so maps that showcase them are needed: the Close Quarters maps are a series of four infantry focused maps set in, with added destructible bits. It makes me way happier than the ten new guns it adds as all I care about is the chandeliers.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘even this tag is destric – boom!’
By Craig Pearson on March 13th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Zap Brannigan : “I think the people in the Flare Path Foxer and pretty much any ARG would disagree with you. Though they are usually in the minority.” on Huh: Steam Adds Trading Cards, Profile XP System
- Nick : “Feeling depressed” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- Don Reba : “Valve has no shareholders. Being privately held is a major part of what defines it.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- tormos : “I think we can all get the basic sense of what totally heterosexual means here. Referring to Valve's "Obligations to the community" is absurd. Valve ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Phasma Felis : “Shame, then, that it has no relation to the original and they just ripped off the name.” on Road Rage Turns Into Car Wars In Autoduel