A potentially habitable planet has been discovered outside our solar system and, right now, the eXoplanetary Research Institute is looking for volunteers to explore the surface. You’d be controlling a rover and gathering data on the planet and its inhabitants, whether flora or fauna. Sound good? That’s the premise of the new game from Lazy 8 Studios, makers of Cogs. It’s called Extrasolar and it’s nigh on impossible to figure out how it’ll play at the moment since the marketing takes the form of a fictional website for a fictional company. We’re promised a narrative experience and it sounds like players will work together to unveil the planet’s mysteries over time. The website is a good read and there’s at least a polite nod toward actual space science history. Hopefully that will carry through to the game. Trailer/recruitment video below.
Posts Tagged ‘Extrasolar’
By Adam Smith on August 26th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- microminiature : “I am trembling with reasonable apprehension.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- sinister agent : “That was why I never went back to the first game after playing the first level. It was alright, and the concept was neat, but ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2
- Dana : “No Ghostface ? I'm impressed.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- DellyWelly : “Girls love sexy hidden geek. Yup, read it again. Again... Believe. Dare to Believe.” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- David Bliff : “It's a legitimately good movie. So is Syriana, which he also wrote (and directed!)” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery