Hello, you. This is part news, part disclaimer. The disclaimer part is that this is a game I can’t be impartial about, because I helped make it. In my spare time I help run a little indie dev outfit called Big Robot. At the end of 2010 we were commissioned by Channel 4 Education to make a game about cities, which we have done. This post is about that game. It’s called Fallen City and you can play it for free, right here for Mac and Windows. The game is intended to inspire school-age Britons think about cities, and as such the game is perhaps not quite intended for the very mature and serious RPS audience. That said, it’s full, free game, so perhaps you might want to take a look. In more familiar terms, it’s a puzzle game with an RTS interface. We talked about it in a bit more detail over here.
Posts Tagged ‘Fallen City’
By Jim Rossignol on May 1st, 2012.
By John Walker on August 17th, 2011.
There’s some game called Fallen City. It looks SHIT/AMAZING. It’s by some idiot/genius called Jim Rossignol and so on and so on. Indeed, what is a Rock, Paper, Shotgun to do when one of its own accidentally plops out a game? Should we not cover it out of modesty and propriety? Should we aim to be “objective”, as if that’s a thing? Should we overly promote it at a cost to informing our readers about other games we haven’t made? Yes. We should do all three. But today instead I’m going to show off some of the screenshots from Big Robot’s lovely urban-renewal-em-up, a Channel 4 game that’s inspired by the Broken Windows theory.
Respond to our gibber
- Slinkyboy : “Agreed. Imagine if Dust514 got on PC as is. That's a poor man's PS2.” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- angrym0b : “Banned!” on Valve’s CS: GO Overwatch Are Always Watching
- strangeloup : “I really, really wanted to like FFXII, their first bash at an MMO. The setting and atmosphere were interesting, but it seemed to take every ...” on Final Fantasy XIV Rebirthing Its Realm In August
- HungryCats : “Agree about the video, but I have a certain amount of faith in Bungie. Would love to see this come to PC, as I'm not ...” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- Noise : “I'm just gonna go ahead and say what everyone is thinking: Voxels look shit” on 7 Days To Die Looks Virally Impressive