A few months before Far Cry 3 was released, I was given a glimpse at the multiplayer and a social network phone application that would let you fiddle with the main game’s weapons. Then the game came out and there was nothing of the sort included. I got paranoid, presuming it to be part of a conspiracy. To what end? I imagined that when the game came out and it didn’t arrive, people wouldn’t trust anything I said about phones ever again. Then one day I’d be beaten, left for dead, and a bystander would run up and ask me if I needed help? I’d tell them to call for an ambulance, but they’d say: “You’re the guy that said I could use my phone to unlock guns in Far Cry 3′s multiplayer, you don’t get to use my phone anymore.” They’d put their phone away and no ambulance would ever come. Ubisoft released the damn app last night. I unlocked my bunker door, sacked my bodyguard, and came out of hiding. To celebrate, here’s the trailer for the app.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Far Cry 3 Outpost’
By Craig Pearson on January 10th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- elilupe : “I absolutely cannot agree with this great article more. I really hope this is the point, now that Microsoft has put details into their horrible, ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- malkav11 : “On the bright side, if MS -did- bring their exclusives to PC they'd probably want to saddle them with all the consumer-hostile garbage they're packing ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- Grape Flavor : “I love these people who would like nothing better than to destroy the entire hobby they claim to be a fan of in favor of ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Cronstintein : “Fun game, at least I'm certainly enjoying it so far. I love pc gaming for the flexible price point. I would pass at $50 but ...” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- Grape Flavor : “There is no right for you to redistribute someone else's copyrighted work. It is entirely a fictitious and fallacious creation of your own mind. That ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature