I was just browsing some email, having just been booted off my gaming PC by the Mrs so that she could play FarmVille on Facebook, when I noticed that the PC actually does have a contemporary full-blown farming game: Farming Simulator 2009. From last month’s press release: “Become a farmer and experience the thrill of driving heavy modern farm equipment as you try and feed the world! Choose from a variety of vehicles and implements, and explore the huge, over 4 km², island.” Phwoar. More informatively: “The German version of this product shifted a massive 100,000 units within its first five weeks debuting at number one on the Media Control GfK chart.” Now that’s some credentials. I was just about to pick up a copy and start singing appropriate songs when I discovered: there is a demo.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Farming Simulator 2009’
By Jim Rossignol on September 1st, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- bluebomberman : “I guess I'm one of the few that liked (or at least accepted) the BGS ending. *SPOILERISH* From a creative standpoint I don't see, with ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Lemming : “I don't know why but 'Massive Regions' on the trailer made me chuckle.” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- EPICTHEFAIL : “Only not, because it still had the Sniper (only class with weapons that are mostly realistic) alongside the the Spy, the Scout, Heavy, Pyro, Soldier, ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- NathanH : “The thing is that reading 500 pages of advanced mathematics that haven't been written with the purpose of communicating well is basically pure pain.” on The Sunday Papers
- WrenBoy : “@Cinek I named my firstborn after a BSG character so I guess Im foolishly biased. Agree with Werthead on the quality arc though.” on The Sunday Papers